Chuck Grubb attended the event and e-mailed me a mess of his digital photos, and they deserve their own page. Click here.
- X MC Bob Hale speaks of the last occasion when he and his wife spent some time with the Big Bopper (February, 1959).
- X J.P. Richardson, Jr. ("Big Bopper, Jr.")
- X Narvel Felts.
- X Johnny Preston.
- X Ar Stevens, backing up Johnny Preston.
- X Frankie Ford.
- X Rockin' Robin.
- X Danny and the Juniors.
- X J.P. Richardson, Jr. – the main MC of the four-day event
- X X X X X X The Comets – featuring Al Rappa, bass player for Bill Haley's original Comets in 1959-69.
- X X X X Jason D. Williams.
- X Richie Lee singing the songs of Ritchie Valens.
- X X The Vees.
- X X X X Jason D. Williams' matinee show.
- X The Persuasions.
- X X X X Gary U. S. Bonds and family.
- X Randy Chesterman, perennial host of the Friday night sock hop.
Saturday afternoon in the Surf Lounge:
- X The Nelsons.
- X Marshall Crenshaw.
- X The Blasters.
- X X X X X X The capstone of the evening was the suprise appearance of Elvis impersonator Jamie Aaron Kelley and his spontaneously-assembled backup band led by Donnie Briggs.
Miscellaneous shots taken around the area:
- X The marker at the crash site.
- X Looking south across the field from the marker.
- X The historic old phone at the Surf.
- X A bug's eye view of the Surf stage.
- X Some of the grafitti on the backstage walls.